[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A Puzzle [ coulomb ]

From: 	Richard Wayne Wall[SMTP:rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com]
Sent: 	Sunday, September 07, 1997 8:57 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: A Puzzle

9/7/97

Ed wrote:

snip

>>"The peak current in amps can easily be determined by measuring the
>>total capacitance of the machine.  Divide the in coulombs by the time
>>in sec (assume 1 microsec for most machines) and this gives the total
>>peak current in amperes.  RWW
>
>snip
>
>Unfortunately, your method is severely flawed."
>	OH??????? A coulomb is a coulomb is a coulomb is a. Period!
>Ed

No, Ed.  An ES coulomb is not the same as an EM coulomb.  In the mad
rush to systemitize, unitize and find intercovertibility of all
physical forces by turn of the century electricians, a very flawed
experiment was devised to determine the coulombic relationships of EM
and ES forces.  Briefly, EM force in Newtons between two parallel wires
with a constant current flowing in them was compared to ES force in
Newtons in the Cavendish experiments.  The results were announced to
the world and of course this relationship became carved in stone.  It
was a big mistake though because the experiment isn't capable of
establishing this relationship.  The results are several orders of
magnitude in error.

This is not particurally new news.  But maybe it is important news to
some members of this list.  I suggest you and others who are interested
consult the archives for posts on this subject about one year ago.
Also see HVlist archives.

RWW