[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Testing

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, September 13, 1997 10:28 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: New Testing

To: Ed

I presume you are not using the coax with the shield grounded.  NEVER EVER
use a coax cable to feed a TC from a pole xmfr.  The xmfr will take the
extra 50 kv this blum line effect can generate but the caps will quickly
fail.  We learned this lesson the hard way.  I presume you are using the
coax with the shield shorted to the center and only as a conductor not a
transmission line.  This is OK, but beware using coax as a transmission
line.  Better to use what I call "big red" which is essentially 15 kv
"jumper cable" with a BIL of 100 kv.  We stock it if you need it.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

My