[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Synchronous rotary gaps.

From: 	Robert W. Stephens[SMTP:rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com]
Reply To: 	rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com
Sent: 	Saturday, September 13, 1997 8:31 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Synchronous rotary gaps.

Ed,

I have a teletype motor rated at 3600 RPM, 120 vac with a 3/8th's inch shaft
size.  It has a shielded cover on the opposite end of the motor to
the output shaft which contains a centrifugal switch.  The switch
setting is adjustable + and - by a screwdriver adjustment. There are
a series of holes designed to be illuminated with a strobe light for
speed adjustment.   I believe
this type of motor to be fairly speed synchronous but in no way phase
synchronous which is of paramount importance in the TC application.
I was also disappointed to discover that the motor lacked sufficient
torque to maintain 3600 RPM on a rotary break wheel even smaller than you
mentioned.

Perhaps the teletype motors you refer to are a different animal than
mine?

rwstephens