[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV at very LOW freq. Tesla Coil

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Tuesday, September 16, 1997 9:33 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: HV at very LOW freq. Tesla Coil

I suppose a 10Hz coil could be an interesting group project at some
time :) Getting the Q up would be interesting. One skip depth in
copper at 10 Hz implies the use of a secondary conductor that is 60
odd mm in diameter if the 3-skin depth rule is used. Then of course,
the capacitance would be humungous because the coil would have to be
huge to get the inductance which implies the output of a national