[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Tesla not Marconi

From: 	KRAMPF-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:KRAMPF-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 18, 1997 11:01 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: RE: Tesla not Marconi

Alfred,

Thanks for the information.  I will put it to good use.  When I present
teacher inservice workshops on electricity, it is very interesting to see the
reaction that teachers have to being told that Marconi did not invent radio,
that Edison did not invent the light bulb, and that you really do not see
someone's skeleton when they are electrocuted.  Some resist the idea, while
others are horrified that they have been teaching "false facts" for years.
 The latter always ask, "Why didn't they teach us this in college!"  Good
question!

I run into a lot of students that want to build a Tesla Coil after seeing my
show.  I have been suggesting the "Big TC" plans from the July 1964 Popular
Electronics. Even though the parts list is dated, it is a set of plans that
most libraries can get and that middle school students can safely build.
 Does anyone know of a better set of "starter plans" or plans that are more
easily available? Thanks.

Robert Krampf
Science Education Company
http://members.aol-dot-com/krampf/home.html