[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Glass/poly and more...

From: 	Daryl P. Dacko[SMTP:mycrump-at-cris-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 18, 1997 4:10 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Glass/poly and more...

At 08:17 AM 9/17/97 -0500, you wrote:

<big snip>

>Distilled water, K  ~ 80, apparently !!!
>

>> > It would make sense to me that if glass sat in contact with water,
>> it would
>> > make a better cap due to it's dieletric constant increase.
>> >
>> > Q.E.D.
>> >
>> > Daryl
>>
>> Unfortunately, water dissolves glass slowly which increases the ionic
>> content of the water and makes a less than suitable dielectric.
>>
>> QED?
>> Malcolm
>
>But the water ain't the dielectric.............
>
>Phil C.

I started out with a simple reply, but now my head hurts...

Is it possible to have a conductive dielectric ?

If I wern't on vacation right now, I'd glue some tin foil on the sides
of a glass jar and see how the capacitance changes with distilled and
salt water...

How come you guys come up with these interesting threads when I'm stuck
in a log cabin, typeing on a laptop by a kerosene lamp ???

Daryl