[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Flybacks (was To Kevin)

From: 	DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 18, 1997 2:11 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Flybacks (was To Kevin)

<< My hat off to Dr Tesla although I must point out that induction coils
 were around before he was born. Of course, omit the diode and the
 "flyback" is simply an induction coil. IMHO, the open resonator, the
 coupled tuned circuits concept and the grounded quarterwave concept
 were his major gifts to the RF community. Would this combination be
 something of a definition one could hang the "Tesla Coil" label on?
 It does leave out the 1/2 wave system unfortunately. >>

Hi all

  I'm a bit curious as to Tesla's work re: "open resonator" ----
is this not an "Oudin Resonator" ??

regards,