[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, September 20, 1997 2:44 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

On Saturday, September 20, 1997 12:03 AM DR.RESONANCE
[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net] wrote;

> to: Alfred
>
> Rich Hull gave us a couple of very powerful rare earth magnets.  We used
> them to quench a small oscillator system.  I think Rich also used them in
> one of his larger systems.  Perhaps he could lay a few comments on.  We
> found them rather bulky to work with for the small benefits they provide.

Yes, my experience with magnetic quenching is also with small systems
ie less than 1 killowatt, my limmited experience in this area
indicates that above 1 killowatt the magnet will consume more power
than the Tesla coil it's controlling! I do like the infinitely
variable quenching though. I liked your idea of using the Nomex. BTW
could you suggest a source for the Nomex, I'd like to give it a try
in my next attempt at magnetic quenching.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/