[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

neon rewind

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Tuesday, September 23, 1997 2:19 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Primary Qs

Hi Jason, all,

Wilco. I will be depotting/examining the core this evening. If
suitable, I plan to do as I did for the flyback transformer - build a
pair of bobbins with a plexiglass pipe and lexan for the endcheeks
(can be welded with methylene chloride (thanks Richard Hull and Kim
Goins!). I have a small hand cranked winding machine available. I have
wound a 22,000 turn transformer secondary to repair a demo unit here.
However that took months and was tedious. I will use the lathe on
slow speed and pile wind in all probability. I don't yet know what
turns/Volt is. I certainly won't be using ultra small wire. Options
are many at this stage.

Malcolm