[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sync Motors

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 24, 1997 4:00 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Sync Motors

>snip>  I
> personally like the 3600 motors to modify because there won't be as much
> power lost as in modifying a 1800 R.P.M motor.   There will also be more
> air flow over the electrodes with the higher speed.

> Kevin E.

Kevin,

Thanks for this info.  Upon reading it, I realized that much of it you
had posted previously, but I had forgotten the details.  I had originally
thought that the 1800 rpm motors would lose excessive power, but I
now found that the 4 flats don't have to be that deep, so power loss
may be similar to that of the 3600 rpm motor.  I agree the 3600 rpm
motor will give a better air whipping action.

John Freau