[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

And what of the FCC?

From: 	Greg Leyh[SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 24, 1997 4:33 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: And what of the FCC?

Geoff Schecht wrote:

[snip]
> If they can track you down, chances are you'll hear from the person(s)
> you're interfering with long before you hear from the FCC. An aggrieved
> party can, however, pursue legal recourse by filing a formal complaint with
> the FCC. Assuming that they even know enough to do that in the first place,
> it will then take the FCC a long time to investigate the complaint due to a
> chronic shortage in their manpower.

That's sort of how I suspect it would work in the real world,
and that's why it would be too risky too build some resonant
behemoth, even out in the middle of nowhere.  There would need
to be sufficient assurance that the 'evil eye' wouldn't just
step in and shut it down, shortly after it was built.

-GL