[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

And what of the FCC? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 14:29:41 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chip Atkinson <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: And what of the FCC?

From: 	NTesla[SMTP:ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu]
Reply To: 	ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu
Sent: 	Thursday, September 25, 1997 11:36 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	And what of the FCC?

[snip]

>Most folks are on cable and no TVI is noted.  Most listen to FM, thus, only
>AM has a little trash in it and then only out to about 2 blocks.  AM is
>totally wiped out only for about 100 feet around the lab. Given that this
>happens for about 2- 2minute periods a week now,  the neighborhood is rather
>RFI free.
>

>Richard Hull,TCBOR

This exactly the condition that exists with my coils. No RFI on
cable-television, *maybe* a few static-dots on channel 3, nothing on FM, AM
is dead around the lab and a car could only pick up AM-hash for around 2
blocks away. The house telephone gets some static if I run the coil while
someone is using the telephone, but the telephone cable runs right over the
lab. No complaints from neighbors, not even tha lady that's known for
complaining. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, noise is way more of a problem than RF will ever
be, and isn't it true that 100kHz-180kHz (or thereabouts) is designated by
the FCC as experimental anyway? I'm looking for a new house right now,
something rural, so that I can run my "chainsaw" at will ;)

Dan