[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Plans for RSG

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 14:24:49 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chip Atkinson <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Plans for RSG

From: 	braino-at-mindspring-dot-com[SMTP:braino-at-mindspring-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 25, 1997 5:25 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Plans for RSG

Chuck wrote:
>I would be able to supply you with some autocad prints on the rotary gap
>that I have made.  ...I'll send a photo directly to you, so you can get an
>idea >as to what I am trying to describe!  If there's any interest. Let me
>know.

I would love a photograph of your design.

I am currently working on my RSG.
Sounds similar...
I am running a 12" G10 1/2" thick disk.

My electrode design was adapted from a design on one of Rochard Hull's tapes.
I have twelve rotating, and twelve stationary electrodes.
Every other rotating electrode is electricly connected, and the stationary
electrodes are linked so as to provide 12 series gaps.

The rotor speed is variable from 0-3500 rpm, giving variable break rates
from 0-700 bps.
I am hoping this design will provide for mutli-application use.

I am using 1/8" tungsten for the stationary electrodes, and was planning on
steel acorns on the disk. I have not figured out a good way to hold the
tungten rod in the disk, as it is not threaded, thus needing set-screws,
subject to vibrating loose....(some sort of holder that would be safe at
these speeds, any input?)

.rob del bueno.