[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sonderman Testing

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:54:46 -0500
From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Sonderman Testing

To: Ed

Have noted some of your posts regarding cap damage & problems.  I'm
beginning to suspect the culprit may be your welding xmfr reactor.  We have
run 6 inch coils to over 11 ft. spark discharges with our reactors on pole
xmfrs and have not noticed any destructive effects.  I suspect you are
hitting a nice power supply resonance point that is causing your pole xmfr
to rise above its normal ratings.  The pole xmfr can take it but apparently
your caps can't.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Sonderman Testing
> Date: Monday,September 29,1997 12:05 AM

This is
> > puzzeling.
> >
> > Increasing the rotary gap speed causes hotter sparks for a while and
then
> > falls off past a certain point.  This is unlike my past experience
where this
> > coil was hungry for power and would continue to produce better sparks
as I
> > increased the rotor speed - as fast as I dared turn it up.
> >
> > I could certainly use some help here.  This coil used to produce 80"
> > discharges and now I can't seem to get past about 36" to 40".
Something is