[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotary Spark gap

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:37:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Kevin Radtke <umradtke-at-cc.UManitoba.CA>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Rotary Spark gap

Hi All,
	OK one last try.  I've asked a few questions regarding improving
my understanding of rotary spark gap construction and have only recieved
TWO replies.  A thousand thank you's to those two who have tried to help
me so far.  The problem is that the two answers I recieved were sort of
brief and I still don't get it.  Sorry. :)
	First of all I've never seen a "sync" motor and I'm not sure what
they do.  ie. Why do I want to use a sync motor in a rotary spark gap?
	What is a good target range for BPS?  Around 200-400?
OK last question (which requires most detial)  If I wanted to modify a
motor to run snyc, I understand that flats need to be filed on the
armature, is there somewhere I can see pictures that detail this sort of
work.  Its very hard to "visualize" what to do from a short text
paragraph telling me to file flats 1/8 the size of the armature etc.
	Thanks so much for the reems of usefull info on the list,
hopefully my understanding of TC's will grow to the point where I may
have info to contribute.  But for now I'm just trying to learn from all
of you.  Thanks for the help.

Radtke