[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NBS circular with Wheeler formulae

----------
From:  Edward V. Phillips [SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent:  Wednesday, April 08, 1998 2:48 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re:  NBS circular with Wheeler formulae

"Where does one get a copy of :

"Radio Instruments & Measurements"
Circular C74

Published by U.S. National Bureau of Standards, Wash DC 1937

So.. will this allow me to order it from the USGPO? Has anyone done this?

Or will the interlibrary loan and photocopy frenzy be in order?"

	Long since out of print and unavailable except through rare
book dealers, if there.  My two copies (originals from 1917) were
found at swap meets many years ago.  A most useful publication
containing all of the inductance calculations from C74 is (title
approximate, have a photocopy where I can't get at it easily):

	INDUCTANCE FORMULAS AND WORKING TABLES
	(Frederic W. ??) Grover
	Dover Publications

About 20 years ago our company library was able to borrow a copy
(from UCLA, as I recall) and I photocopied the whole thing.  I
would suspect your local library could get a copy on inter-library
loan, if they tried hard.

Ed