[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary coil?

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, April 12, 1998 10:58 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Secondary coil?

to: Mel & Chris

The wire choice really depends on how you are driving it -- with a small
neon, large neon, or potential/pole xmfr.  A typical NST unit with a .01
MFD cap will usually work better with 24 or 26 AWG.  If you or running a
pole unit then you should really be running a 16-24 inch dia. sec. coil
size as a minimum because you can use a larger gauge wire #12-#16 AWG and a
large cap such as .04-.05 MFD to match the load.  Another consideration is
of course overall cost with large caps and large secondary toroids required
for an efficient match.  Have fun with your design.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net