[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spark Gaps

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, April 12, 1998 11:23 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Spark Gaps

to: John

Closing is important as the peak current must rise quickly to place as much
energy in the magnetic field as possible.  Opening is also very important
as once the energy is in the secondary coil we don't want it trying to
"collapse" back into the primary inductor where the constructive and
destructive interference effects tend to retard the incoming energy -- or
just become resistive losses -- either way it is energy lost that isn't
available for resonance effects in the secondary coil where it belongs.

I'm coming out to Calif. the last week of April so will try to look you up.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Spark Gaps