[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

40MHz Spark Gap Behavior

----------
From:  terryf-at-verinet-dot-com [SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent:  Tuesday, April 14, 1998 9:46 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 40MHz Spark Gap Behavior

You Wrote...

        The primary cap is composed of ten 1.72nF 30kV "doorknob" caps made
by TDK.  I don't know much about their ESR but they are series 4001 types.
Couldn't find any info about them.  Some doorknobs have high ESR and some
are very good depending on how much you pay for them.  I got mine free :-)))

The total capacitance measures at 16.94nF, 30kV.  The caps are mounted
between two thin brass plates.  It should have very good RF performance
depending on what material the ceramic in the caps is made from.

        Terry