[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

flat vs angled primary

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, April 18, 1998 11:28 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: flat vs angled primary

to: Tristian

Overcoupling was probably the culprit.  Check your coeff. of coupling and
keep in the 0.18 to 0.22 range for most coils.  Most coils thus require a
flat spiral to prevent overcoupling effects which produce standing waves
that can surge back into the primary and create your gap firing problem.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net