[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

rolled caps

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, April 20, 1998 9:04 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: rolled caps

to: Kevin

The two equations are equivalent -- the units conversion factor of 10^7
just makes them look different.

Regarding your rolled up caps -- when you roll the caps very tightly you
compress the dielectric thus reducing it to 1/2 its normal thickness.  A
1/2 appears in the demoninator which goes  "upstairs" to appear as a 2 x
the final value.  If you use 1/2 the unstressed thickness as the "d" in
your equation you will get the right values on the first calculation
without multiplication being necessary.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net