[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: pole pig chart (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 18:41:45 -0400
From: "Edward J. Wingate" <ewing7-at-frontiernet-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: pole pig chart (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Hi Jeff,

I have a chart that should tell you what you want to know about pole
transformer ratings. Remember that the chart ratings are 24 hour per day
every day of the year ratings and that the power companies regularly run
pole transformers at 170% during peak demand times. The reason being
that it takes less current to energize the core of a smaller transformer
when it isn't being used at all. Simple economics.

So as not to slow down the list I am sending you the chart as an
attachment to a private e-mail. I hope it helps.

Safe Coiling,

Ed Wingate