[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Potato Chips (fwd)

----------
From:  Bert Pool [SMTP:bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, April 27, 1998 6:28 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Potato Chips (fwd)

Date forwarded: 	Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:55:07 -0600
Date sent:      	Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:55:06 -0600 (MDT)
To:             	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:        	Potato Chips (fwd)
Forwarded by:   	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
From:           	Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

[snip]

> Gary Weaver

Gary - do *not* remove the varnish off the laminations!  The varnish is there to
electrically isolate each metal plate from the next.  As I recall, the insulation
reduces either hysteresis losses or eddy current losses in the transformer.
Bert Pool
TCBFW
bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com