[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Potato Chips (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:35:21 -0500
From: David Dean <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Potato Chips (fwd)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Monday, April 27, 1998 12:07 AM
Subject: Potato Chips (fwd)

I don't know anything about transformer design, but over the years I
have modified a few. I believe that the shelac or varnish on the
laminations is there for electrical insulation. If you remove this
insulation, the laminations will be able to "communicate" with each
other electricaly. The result would be just like a single iron core, and
with AC the hysterisis will produce a lot of heat, not much usefull
work. Just my 0.02 maybe a transformer engineer will help with this.

deano