Help Identifying Contacts (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:34:55 -0700
From: djQuecke <djQuecke-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Help Identifying Contacts

Please excuse my jumping in here but I have some type of a contactor
material that appears to possibly be some type of graphite.  Actually, I'm
trying to identify just what they are.  I've told several people about my
quest for coil materials and have had a few unusual items show up.

I was given some type of metal holders for these contacts.  The contacts
themselves are kinda like a 1" diameter hockey puck, about 1" thick.  They
are a flat gray/black and very light.  They fit into a ringed holder that
can be tightened down on them.  I was told they are some type of high
voltage contacts, perhaps used in some type of relay or switched equipment.

Any ideas what they are and whether they might make suitable spark gaps??