[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Short secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:50:15 EDT
From: Thomas Samstag <ishboo1-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Short secondary (fwd)

i don't know if it'll lower performance (i'm more of a newbie), but what
i did for my 1st coil (i got the wire in 1/2 lb. spools) unwind a few
turns before the end of the wire.  then i put down a strip of electrical
tape and rewound the wire.  then i took off bout 1/4" of insulation and
made a small butt solder joint (make sure it's smoothe and not a cold
solder), peeled off the electrical tape that's exposed, covered the
solder with the tape, and then wound ove rthe rest of the tape.  the
result was a solder connection covered with tape, but the surrounding
turns had the tape under them.  if this makes too many losses, tell me.

           \|/
           -at- -at-
                           HackMan