[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotaries and Neons (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 23:32:49 -0600
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Rotaries and Neons (fwd)

to: Malcolm

The async rotary will work but most NST's simply provide the fast recharge
current to give strong output sparks because the peak primary current is
substantially reduced.  My experience is you can't beat a good 120 bps
synchro RSG for use with NST powered systems.  If you are running a
potential xmfr or small pole xmfr then it's a different story altogether.

The synchro system also provides a very pleasant discharge phenomonea if a
reasonably sized toroid is used, ie, doesn't get too large with respect to
the coil dia.  A good example is a 12 x 3 toroid used with a 6 or 8 inch
dia. sec. coilform.  The sparks seems to dance around and offering a very
pleasing discharge pattern.  Almost art!!!

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net