[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap safety gaps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 12:25:07 EDT
From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Cap safety gaps (fwd)

<< All,

 A couple of weeks ago I purchased 2 used Condenser Products 25nF 20kV
 caps; from the original purchase.

 What spacing for safety gaps do you use? I don't want to smoke them
 like I've been doing with my home rolled caps.

 What would you recomend as the maximum voltage I use?

 	regards,

 	jim

Jim,

I am using two of the exact same caps in parallel.  Power supply is a 14,400
volt 5kva pole transformer.  I have the spark gap across the caps set at about
1/2".  This gap was set at 5/8" and fired many times before I got my primary
charging system straightened out.

Ed Sonderman