[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Output Voltage vs. Firing Rate (fwd)

----------
From:  FutureT-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, August 14, 1998 9:08 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Output Voltage vs. Firing Rate (fwd)

Antonio, all,

I hadn't realized about the rms problem.  This wattmeter says it's
accurate to 1/4 of 1 % up to 125 Hz.  I wonder how severe the errors
might be?  Has anyone compared such wattmeters with true (electronic)
reading wattmeters in TC circuits to get a ball park figure of possible
errors?

I posted a long post some time ago telling of my wattmeter vs.
thermocouple tests and didn't get any responses, so i had thought the
tests were valid.

I wonder if we're talking 10%, 30%, or 200% error.  Someone once
suggested they thought the errors might be around 10% using a
wattmeter.  Does this seem reasonable?

Also any clue as to how inaccurate the rms technique might be
(ignoring power factor issues for now)?

Thanks,

John Freau