[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"Slinky" Primary / Sloped Archimedes Spiral Primary Equation

----------
From:  Dave Sharpe [SMTP:sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, August 15, 1998 8:41 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: "Slinky" Primary / Sloped Archimedes Spiral Primary Equation

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Bert, Chip, ALL

Thanks for the info, thats what I was looking for...

Unfortunately I won't be making the meeting this year, I've got
family commitments next weekend which prevent me from coming.  To
add insult to injury, I may be internationally travelling for work
during Richard's get together      >:^C ...

A very interesting website that I've stumbled into is:

www.abbsem-dot-com

ABB Semiconductors is now marketing their new IGCT and GCT
SS devices for high horsepower VSD, bus interties, etc.
Device voltages to 6.9kV, currents to 5kA and optically
isolated.  EXPENSIVE, but available.  Have in fact been
operated at FULL RATING at 400kHz 10 cycles.  And a SS spark
gap switch doesn't exist??  I wander....  Checkout the
technical papers, TRULY AMAZING technology.

Regards

DAVE SHARPE, TCBOR