[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Initial New Coil Test

----------
From:  Ed Phillips [SMTP:evp-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, August 17, 1998 7:48 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Initial New Coil Test

"
I had not properly attached the outer flex duct to the
center disc in all
areas.  Just to keep the story short, during power on the
inner disc would
arc to the outer flex duct and the resonance originally
"detected" was way,
way off, as it effectively more than doubled the surface
area (and
capacitance?) of the toroid."

	A metal plate for the top and bottom toroid mounts will
work just fine at providing good conductivity to the duct.
So will the method I use, which uses a couple of discs of
Masonite with aluminum tape on one side, so arranged that it
contacts the ducting all the way around, and also connects
to the top of the coil.  Of course, only a single point of
contact is really needed.