[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

sparks for cheap

----------
From:  Gregory R. Hunter [SMTP:ghunter-at-enterprise-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, August 20, 1998 4:04 PM
To:  'Tesla List'
Subject:  RE: sparks for cheap

Reinhard,

I'm puzzled.  I've studied dozens MOT's and I've never seen one that wasn't shunted.  My usual technique for testing MOT's is to short out the secondary with a DMM set to measure AC current, and simply plug them in.  I've never blown up a DMM or popped a breaker doing this.  Where are you finding un-shunted MOTs?

Greg

Sleepy Hollow