[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotary Gap Design

----------
From:  Michael Tucknott [SMTP:Michael.Tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, August 09, 1998 3:31 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Rotary Gap Design

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Hi Andrew
I thought this sounded familiar in my Colorado Springs Notes(1899-1900)
Tesla him self talks of his break device which comprised of two toothed
wheels moving in oposite direction.
"In this form a small number of teeth was found sufficient for a
great number of breaks and the arc could not follow from one to an
adjacent tooth."
I think that the power source for this was clock work but I`ll have to
read my Springs notes again.

Just a comment no more.
Cheers Mike Tucknott