[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary Frequency(fwd)

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, August 24, 1998 9:58 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Secondary Frequency(fwd)

  Richard -

  I think you missed the point of what this listing is telling us. As I
have pointed out before if the calcs and tests do not agree then either the
calcs are incorrect or the tests are wrong.

  It is obvious from the listing that some of the calcs are incorrect. The
point, therefore, is that some coilers are misunderstanding how to do the
calcs correctly, otherwise, all the answers would be the same. The
differences in assumed values must be taken into consideration.

  If the tests on these coils are done properly we will find out who has
done the calcs correctly. Of course, the +/- error of the tests must be
taken into account.

  This is an excellent way to get calcs and tests standardised for Tesla
coils which has never been done before in spite of the fact that several
coilers have tried.

  I was disappointed that you did not submit the results of your calcs.

  John Couture