[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tony and all, Yet another torroid idea?

From: Steven Ivy <adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Yeah Tony, you are most likely right about the likelyhood of folding
the screen using my suggested method of construction. On the other
hand it might be easier to just forget the wire screen and styrofoam
disks alltogather. Instead just take the two upper and lower copper
clad pc board  electrode disks like I first suggested and drill many
equally spaced holes along the outer edge of each disk. Now form many
semicircular pieces of springy flexible wire to link the properly
spaced and mounted upper and lower disks. Picture them as a sort of
big spool when they are mounted correctly. The idea is to link the
upper and lower disks with the semicircular wire "ribs" into a
toroidal "skeleton". After all of the ribs are mounted solder them
into place so they won't rotate. For even better stablization a single
large ring of wire of the same radius as the outer diameter of the
toroid/skeleton ribs can be soldered to the inside edge of the "ribs"
to hold them in place. Now that you have a good toroid shape you can
cover it with copper or aluminum tape to hopefully create a nice
torus. Do you think this one might work any better?

I would still like to hear about this Fort Worth Teslathon. Is it an
annual event?  If so then when will you all meet again?

adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com
Dallas Texas