[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Anyone heard of EPRI?

to: Aurora One

EPRI is funded by a consortium of electric power utility equipment
manufacturers so they probably won't warm to your idea if it would
interfere with any of their sales.  If you idea is good, have a certified
electrical engineer evaluate it first -- have them sign a non-disclosure
agreement (available at any Office Depot or Office Max store) and then do a
written evaluation of your idea.  Expect to pay them for their services a
fair price.  You might ask for a few different opinions from different
engineers and always get it in writing.  If the idea is sound you can apply
to copyrights or patents but expect to spend around $3,500 per patent.  The
bottom line is if it isn't worth any money then it isn't worth getting the
patent.  Again, start with an engineer to be sure your idea does not have
some serious flaws in it before proceeding.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net