[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What have I found, and can it be used for a Tesla Coil?

Nathaniel,
You have indeed found a variac. You can test it out by plugging in
an incandescent lamp and see if it varies the brightness.

If it does not work, check to see if there is a missing or
blown fuse on the assembly, and replace if necessary.

The variac is excellent for Tesla coil use. You have discovered
that Dumpster Diving is an ancient and honorable art still
practiced by those who are wise.

Your variac is good for about 420 watts.

Congratulations!

Fr. Tom McGahee