[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: Coilers in/around Pittsurgh/PA

to: Thomas

Pittsburg has the unique honor of having the oldest TC in the US.  It was
built in 1903 by George Kauffman and is presently housed in the Buhl
Planetarium next to one of our Van de Graaff generators.  I talked with
George several times in the 70's and he passed away in the early 80's --
what a character.  He made several WWII clips with the coil by standing
atop it in a shark suit and waving his arms around as if he were on fire --
the clips are incredible.  He also personally met Nikola Tesla in the early
30's.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net