[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: new tubes

to: Ben

One reason tubes run red hot plates is due to parasitic oscillations ---
very high freq oscillations that don't help the fundamental at all.  The
older tube editions of ARRL's Radio Amateur's Handbook have some good
articles on dealing with these problems.  Also, be sure to run fil.aiment
chokes as well.  Many tube experimenters ignore these two areas and their
plates do run hotter than they should.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net