[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC on tour

Aric

A standard demo is fluorescent lights on 2x4" posts placed just inside the
reach of the TC. Expect to lose these in the demo. You may want to do some
experimentation before the demo to get the distances right.

As to the safety issues, pacemakers have a nasty habit of synching to strong
EM fields. This can definitely ruin a good party. The power transmission
through the air can pretty much zap any electronic prosthesis, like hearing
aids, cochlear implants (I wonder if people with cochlear implants could hear
the EMF from a TC?) pacemakers, implanted drug delivery devices, etc. if they
get too close. If you're using a spark gap coil, the broad spectrum of
emission will interfere with any operating recievers in the neighborhood. I'd
make sure that there are no power lines overhead to arc to as well.

I'm sure that there are more caveats. We probably ought to compile these on
somebody's web page for reference.

Bryan Kaufman