[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3-phase current

In a message dated 12/5/98 8:56:45 PM EST, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< Subj:	 3-phase current
 Date:	12/5/98 8:56:45 PM EST
 From:	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com (Tesla List)
 To:	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

 Original Poster: "Shady M's Hivh Voltage Supply" <hivolt-at-gil-dot-net>

 Hi there,

 Yea, I'm new here.

 My problem is that I just got ahold of a 10KV power supply, and actually
 managed to get all 700 pounds of it to my house-- But I've got no way to
 power it.  Does anyone know the ballpark cost for piping in 3-phase
 current, or what they usually charge for branching it in from a place
 where it's already installed?

     Hi SM,

Build a 3-phase converter --- lots cheaper than Edison --
The price here ( Altadena Ca. ) was 1100 $ between poles +	a bond to
guarantee minimal monthly usage + a removal fee when done!!

   I built a converter from a 25 H.P. 3-phase motor ---

The start caps are two 4800 ufd. -at- 200 VDC
The flux slippage correction capacity required was around 700 ufd.

   The no-load current without flux correction was 30+ amps,
with correction ,around 3 amps --

    No problems running heavy equipment ,including 5 HP air compressor,
hot tank ( 5 HP ) plus lathe,mill etc.

regards,
               Sandy