[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Saturable reactors?

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:46:10 -0700 Bob Golding
<yubba-at-clara-dot-net> wrote:

>Could one use the filament winding on a MOT as a dc control
>winding? Just a passing thought, don't know if this would
>have any practical applications.

Only if you'd like trying to force several hundred to several
thousand amps through that filament winding! The amount of voltage
and current you have to apply to the control winding is governed by
the number of ampere turns, so the more turns you use the less
current you need and the less voltage will be required. With the
filament winding being one or two turns at most, you can see this
is going to require like I said several hundred to several
thousand turns.
                        Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
          Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
           http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]