[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More power and less resistance

Hi Mel,

	The work I have done would suggest that the secondary's resistance is not
a major factor.  There are limits but I would spend my time working on
other areas and not worry about the secondary wire size.  Most people use
20-24 wire with no problems.  I would think as long as your wire does not
actually start to get warm you would be fine.  The spacing is a valid issue
but perhaps there are other tricks you could use there.  If you are winding
on some type of machine, perhaps you could drap a length of wire between
the new and last winding to act as a spacer as you went along...

	Terry