[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Weird Magnifier output

Hello All,

    I finally got my magnifier working but I got unexpected spectral
outputs.  The scope that I have on lone is a Tektronix TDS 460 that does
Ft's.  Using a 0.08uf cap and appx.30 uH of tapped inductance on the
primary of the RF transformer( the 30 is just a guess, I calculated it and
measured it but I have sense forgotten it while writing this post) I got
strong hot discharges from the resonator to the ceiling which is the
closest ground.  I can not see the full output due to this problem of close
quarters in the basement.  With the 5KVA pig, moving it around now is
impossible to do by myself.  Anyway, the FFT showed three peeks; one at 140
KHz and 370 KHz and a braud one ate 560 KHz. The latter being the RF
transformer.  About a month ago I posted the specs of the system.  Well in
a magi system you want to tune the RF transformer to the resonance of the
resonator which in this case is 200 KHz.  When I tried  and succeeded in
getting peek at 200 KHz I got no out put and the safety gaps fired frequently.
    Obviously the system wants to run at the 140 KHz mode.  By connecting
up the RF transformers secondary to the bottom of the resonator is dropped
the resonant frequency of the resonator.  Is this right?  Any input is
appreciated.
    I am getting good quenching with a 12" dia. rotory and a 8 stage series
blown quench gap.  After 1 and 1/2 periods it quenches.  A clear envelope
is seen.

    Thanks for any comments that may help in clearing this confusion up for
me.

Dwight