Subject: Re: NST Filter and Circuit Configuration?
Author:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> at Internet
Date:    12/16/98 2:02 AM

Original Poster: Travis Tabbal <bigboss-at-inquo-dot-net>

Thanks for the comments Terry. I had located one you listed has having
good filtering capabilities, however, the new circuit you refferenced
seems a better choice.

In regard to the ohmite resistors you mentioned. Digi-key only lists low
values for them. 500 ohm seems the highest, your circuit recomended 5k.
They also list them as wirewound. Am I missing something?

Do the capicitors need to be anything special? I found some at a local
supply that are rated at .02 mfd 15KV and 47pf 25KV. The first is a small
white tube and the later looks like a ceramic disc. That's about it for
high voltage stuff. The ceramic disc looks like the leads are close enough
to arc though.. Do you have a source for either part?

Travis