[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: BE CAREFUL WITH GRAPHITE!

In addition to all the other warnings be aware that graphite is an excellent
conductor of heat. If you machine it with anything that generates heat (i.e.
grinding, sawing, drilling etc.) make sure you use something other than your
hands to hold it as it will get hot enough to burn your fingers ! You can
get a serious burn before there is any indication that it is getting hot.
P.S. Using a misting spray bottle of water to keep the graphite somewhat
cool and the dust down will be to your benefit.
                                      Bill Turbett