[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Number of turns for a secondary?

I have heard varying things about how to wind a secondary. What is more
important, hight to width ratio of 3:1 or not exceeding 1,000 turns? I
am not sure if it is coincedence but the first secondary that I wound
was matched to come as close to 1,000 turns as possibe without exceeding
it, but that broke the 3:1 height to width ratio. I ended up stripping
of 4 inches of turns to increase performance, in taking off 4 inches I
matched the height to width ratio.
	Is it possible to wind a secondary over 1,000 turns if the proper size
requirements are met and still get good performace?

			Thanks in advance,

				Jason Zuberer