[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fair Radio Sales HV capacitor

> Original Poster: "Jeff Corr" <corr-at-enid-dot-com>
>
 > I ran across a HV cap advertised in Fair Radio's latest catalog page 32,
 > 0.01 mfd at 100KV, wonder if anyone had had any experience with them
 > Tesla service?  They've lowered the price to $87.50.  I imagine it could
 > work in, say, a 15kV/30 or 60 mA neon transformer type coil.  Sure beats
 > the mess of "rolling yer own" and probably less money in the bargain.
 > What's the consensus?

Hi all,

This subject comes up a few times a year.  I purchased some of the 100kv
Fair Radio caps in '96 and have used them very successfully with a 19.9kv
pig powered system.  We've also abused them by paralleling a couple with a
pig & sparkgap, and used the setup to blast various foodstuffs.  This kind
of thing can really hammer a cap but they held up fine.  Naturally since
they are surplus their condition could vary quite a lot.

Charles Brush
(foodstuff blasting below)
http://www.foundrygroup-dot-com/cbrush/fun/