[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Series or parallel? (fwd)

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 19:00:39 -0700
From: Tim Dempsey <tdempsey-at-easley-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Series or parallel?

Hello all,

I've seen several references to running tesla coils is a series circuit
as follows:

neon secondary--cap--tesla primary--neon secondary

Would the spark gap be placed across the cap and the tesla primary and
what are the advantages of running a coil in this fashsion or am I
misunderstanding ?  Most schematics I've seen show the cap in parallel
with the neon and the spark gap inbetween one leg of the cap and tesla
primary.  Also, I would like to know where the strike rail for the
primary connects into the circuit? Thanks in advance.

New  coiler

Tim Dempsey

tdempsey -at-easley-dot-net