[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Advice

----------
From:  Tom [SMTP:tomg-at-avicom-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, February 08, 1998 12:27 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Advice

Hello all, I have yet again another question.

Since this is my first "real coil" I thought I would run the design by you to
see how I am doing.

Possible specs:

Power Supply
    4  15kv 30ma NSTs. Controlled with a 15 amp powerstat 120v input.

Spark gap
    RQ type.  1"dia x 3" long copper tubes. 9 gaps spaced .025 between tubes.
    Variable speed 230cfm fan.  Enclosed in 6" PVC.

Primary
    3/8" OD soft copper tubing spaced 1/4" between tubes. ID 7.5" X 23"OD.  15
degree conical

Secondary
    6.625" X 23" tall.  #22 mag wire.

Toroid
    27" X 8" flexible heater duct covered w/ aluminum tape. (not yet built)

Cap
    Rolled poly .01 uf  (not yet built)

Choke
    Not yet built.  Would value info here.  I have a bunch of #22 wire left
and would like to use it
    here if possible.

Bypass caps
    Would value input here also. How wired?

Saftey gap
    Will have one to ground

Ground
    The problem here is the place I will be using the coil is on the second
floor of a friends shop.
    I will need to run al least 80 feet of wire to ground rods outside.  Will
there be a problem with
    that?

Thanks
Tom